API Solutions Architect
You bring our clients to their nextgen application eco system infrastructure and move them to this in the shortest possible timeframe using cloud native technologies & microservices.
Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology, and outsourcing services. Present in 44 countries with more than 180,000 employees, the Capgemini Group helps its clients transform in order to improve their performance and competitive positioning. We offer an array of integrated services that combine top-of-the-range technology with deep sector expertise and a strong command of our four key businesses.
About Global Financial Services; Capgemini brings deep industry experience, innovative service offerings and next generation global delivery to serve the financial services industry. With a network of 21,000 professionals serving over 900 clients worldwide, Capgemini collaborates with leading banks, insurers, and capital market companies to deliver business and IT solutions and thought leadership, which create tangible value.
What will you be doing
For projects in the Financial Services sector we are looking for an API Solution Architect. You will be responsible for evaluating technical and functional requirements from our clients and for developing a sound architectural and integration blueprint in line with their business goals. As an experienced consultant, you will advise on best practices for on-premise/cloud/hybrid integration and API management. You will be an influencer and thought leader and will also possess the in-depth technical expertise and credibility to provide detailed guidance to the pre-sales and implementation team. You will be equally as comfortable building a POC of a new solution as ‘picking up the pen’ and sketching an idea on a white board to an agile team. The role will focus on identifying and enabling the adoption of new technologies and patterns particularly in Public Cloud, API and micro-service technologies.
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Work with business partners, architects and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems and determine priority of needs.
- Ensure adherence to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and Architecture strategy and intent
- Partner with business and client stakeholders to understand the scope of work, priorities, and requirements for development.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and HR.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
- 8+ years of experience with API Management technologies and standards
- Lead the API Architecture & Design for API based middleware projects, including selection of technologies, setting technical directions and directing developers
- Good knowledge of software design patterns and ability to apply them using J2EE and MuleSoft tools and features
- Define standards and guidelines for building API Service Layer, Security, Versioning, Encryption using MuleSoft API Gateway or equal
- Deep understanding of Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Well versed in cloud native development including 12 factor app principles and Microservices Architecture.
- Knowledge of Security concepts and implementation in the Enterprise applications
- Strong knowledge of Web-Services, ability to implement REST and SOAP web-services from scratch
- Design, Develop and Deploy MuleSoft, WSO2, AWS, Apigee applications
- Develop custom connectors using the Mule devkit
- Ability to implement REST services using RAML
- Familiarity with Mule Essentials, Mule Operations and Mule Advanced.
- Practical knowledge of best practices for on-premise/cloud/hybrid integration and API management.
- A contract of indefinite duration
- Excellent facilities for flexible working
- A pension contribution
- A year-end bonus
- 26 days of paid leave
- A mobility allowance
Interested in this position?
Use the application button below to apply. We look forward meeting you! When you have any questions, please don't hesitate and contact Pieter van Splunter via email@example.com